My Past Two Weeks Experience

During the past two weeks it has been one of the scariest experiences I ever had in my life. I’ve lost so many people in my life due to the new disease COVID-19. During the past two weeks me and my father have been very sick. As the days went on I became better but, who worried me was my father as each day he was becoming more sicker than what he was. I feared that he could have had Corona Virus. It’s was so  hard to see someone that has been part of my life healthy and strong then, become weaker and weaker one day. My worst fear that moment was to loose my father. Never in my life have I had a conversation with one of my parents of what to do after one of them passes away. I always thought  that we were going to have it later on but, that conversation came too soon for me and my siblings. Now he is doing so much better and the fear that I felt has passed away. It was one of the scariest experiences I had in my life as other people in my family did not survive the virus roaming us.

It was Monday morning I received a call the lady that took care of me and my sister when I was younger had passed away. I considered her as my second mom ever since that call. I’ve been receiving more and more calls of other people that were once part of my life has passed away. I haven’t been emotionally stable at this point I wonder who else is going to die next. I lost my boss, the person who helped me a lot throughout high school. I lost the baby that I used to babysit when I was in high school. I lost my cousin, my aunt, my great grandmother and just recently yesterday I lost my neighbor. It’s hard to see them go these people where so important to me and it makes me sad that we can’t do a proper funeral and say goodbye. It has affected me a lot. In memory of the people that I’ve lost I have started planting flowers and named each and one of them in their memory.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Hi Alexis,

I’m so sorry to hear this devastating news. I am so happy that you and your father are recovering. Please know that none of your work will be marked late. Continue to recover and contact me via email when you can.
    Best wishes,
    Sean