Yinghe’s Reflection

These days provide us with a chance to spend more time with our families to chat and get together. Usually because everyone needs to work and go to school, so there is less chance to get together. In the past week, something bad happened in my family, which affected the family’s mood and other aspects. So in order to “heal”ourselves means to divert attention. In the evening, we decided to play poker cards to relax and relieve tension. Because people tend to be sentimental and think more at night. After a few days of observation, I could feel that my family would be more relaxed and smiling during the poker game. 

Many people say that when you are un a bad mood, eating sweets will make you happy. So my younger sister and I decided to make a three-flavored melaleuca layer cake (and invited my family to participate in the process of making it). Although sweet food can’t really relieve us from the negative emotions caused by the occurrence of that bad thing, we still enjoy the process of making the melaleuca layer cake. Hope everyone and their family are doing well and stay safe.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Hi Yinghe,

Thanks for your positive post about the cake.
    -Sean