“Reflection “,by SIYU,WU

In the past few weeks,I had plenty of time to play a game which I always don‘t have time to play,the “Death Stranding”. This game is from my favorite game producer Hideo Kojima. I am fan of his Metal Gear series game. Before I stat to play Death Stranding,one thing I remember is Hideo Kojima said even himself don’t what type of game this is,but it is about connecting between person to person. I did not get how can a game connect person to person. In the game player play a role as a postman to deliver all kind of order to the personspread all around the United State due to a disaster called “Death Stranding”,and connect them in to a quantum network called “Chiral Network”,in order to rebuild the United State. The game is great in all kind of way,picture quality,music,player interaction. The end of the game I am still thinking the original question what make us connect tougher, and I have the answer now,thanks the quarantine experience in past few weeks.

One key point to understand the connection is in the player interaction. In the game you need to build your own road to reach your destination,there are always trouble when you building your own road,you might not well prepared for the new journey,not enough material to build your road facility,running out of ammunition in a battle. When you are in a crisis you might always find other facility built by other player or the ammunition,material share by them to help you finish your journey. This is one way to connect by give a hand for the person in crisis. The facility you built also will help other player come to the same place,help and support each other for,the same goal connect all the player tougher.

I think it is too long for a post,so I just stop here.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Hi Siyu,
    Thanks for your detailed explanation of Death Stranding.
    Best,
    Sean