The Challenges I am Facing in “doing school” ——SIYU,WU

During the time of pandemic the challenges which I am facing in “doing school”,also is a challenges that I am facing in my real life. It is not an physical object,but my mental bottle neck. When the first day I came to City Tech, I was exciting and nervous, because I know this is a new star point in my life,and I did not pass the CATW English test. I understood if I fail the CATW several times,I will be expulsion from City Tech. I was so anxiety and helpless in this new place,no friend,no help,only unknow. The way I dealt the problem was to pay more effort to everything, to class, to listen, to understand. I ask the same question for many times just to confirm, I am on a right page and doing the right things. The effort I paid cause I always ahead of my classmate, they look at me like Mr. Who Know Everything, in most of my class? Until now I still have 3.6 GPA. Is it a lot? I don’t know, but my friend said that is a lot. I know, I did not act like a student have 3.6 GPA.wheel I proud of myself, the danger is closer, things changing in my mind.

My last semester was a totally disaster. I had class in everyday, Monday to Sunday no break and 4-5 lab report per week, and project, exam. I was extremely tired. I decided, I had to make an easy schedule for this semester. Everything should be easy; I gave myself a break to my brain and body you can have your time to rest since the end of the 2019 fall semester.

In the beginning of 2020 spring semester, I really the change, I am not willing to pay any extra effort and expect things solve by themselves. I am like a battery running out of power or an old man. I am losing my passion, my energy. The problem is the change in my mental, my attitude did not change as the end of break, caused the laziness. I spent 3-4 week to adjust my attitude, it works but, too late something I have already missing, hard to caught up.

1. Professor Sean Scanlan

Hi Siyu, thanks for your honest and heart-felt coffeehouse post.

2. Marchella Prado

Hey Siyu, your last paragraph is totally relatable by all means when it comes to me and I’m pretty sure the rest of us. College drains you, the work, everything. Now with all this going on, doesn’t help at all, makes it 10x more difficult.