Student Assessment

Feedback from informal student assessment of Learning Places (2017-2022)

“I learned how a single person can impact the spaces and people around them.”

“This course helped me think more critically about my research and small but important elements of a performance.”

“I learned to be open minded, participate, talk, and have a voice!”

“I feel more confident to advocate for my rights.”

“I think this course improved my research ability, as the professor directed how and where we can find reliable sources.”

“This course gave me the ability to apply research in a new context.”

“This course let me know research is not only related to article research but also to site-observations and performance.”

“The course helped me define how performance and social justice can come together and make a big impact. I would never have been able to make a performance about something I care about if it wasn’t for this class.”

“This course made me more aware of things going on in the community such as zoning and displacement. I am also now more aware of the input I, as a resident, may have.”

“This class helped me apply research in terms of critical thinking.”

“I have gained more confidence to question and debate local issues.”

“I can identify good sources now because of this course.”

“Now I know research is not only googling stuff and I am sure this will help me very much in the long run.”

“I no longer live in a bubble. Now I try to understand what’s going on in my neighborhood—more about environmental and social issues. I never really cared before but now I do.”