Responsibilities

I joined the Library Department as an instruction librarian at City Tech in 2015. In this role, I teach in a number of different contexts and am engaged in curricular development and assessment at the department and college level. Working with a wide variety of students and faculty in different disciplines and classroom environments has allowed me to refine my pedagogical approach and has influenced my scholarship which focuses on the intersections of information, place, critical pedagogy, and social justice.

I teach traditional credit courses and interdisciplinary courses offered by the library including: LIB1201 Research and Documentation in the Information Age and LIB/ARCH2205ID Learning Places. I also teach as a guest lecturer in a variety of disciplines, conduct information literacy sessions for about 50 English 1101 and 1121 composition courses each year, and provide discipline-specific information literacy instruction for academic departments including Human Services, Humanities, and Architecture. The Human Services department has a required library research component in 1101 courses and I work with many HUS and ARCH students individually to support their academic and field research projects.

In addition to formal instruction, I help students one-on-one with research assignments at the library reference desk and lead instructional design and outreach initiatives at the library, working to ensure that the library is an integral part of student experience at City Tech. 

*Courses taught

*Instructional Design