My audience is calculus 1 students. I assume the lesson of the day before I gave my homework assignment shows where we derived the formula for Newton’s method. Students should be able to calculate a derivative, they should know how to us a recursive rule, they should know how to compute the value of a function at a given x value and the intermediate value theorem. This project is delivered as a homework assignment in ways that let you check your answer on maple. This assignment should be done by hand and maple should be used to check your answer for the first few iterations. After about 5 iterations, you should use maple to calculate the rest. Maple is great at calculating and evaluating crazy numbers and maple has setting for calculus classes that geogebra, desmos and a few other tools do not have.

(Maple)

(worksheet) https://33afccad-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/xxmemxxxbox/calculus-analytic-geometry/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-28%20at%206.51.54%20PM.png?attachauth=ANoY7coP0xBIHMrqCdHbDTd0qPkWjRgRcb-FWZZ4asoMZMo3Wzhs_u9Wqe8RRJ_pi3sgiG6NrF-bJFyIqHj6HiLAJQMepClI51oAFp04DK2QFRfTpx2xLXpuww9MCMsOMnt8E8uXy_YMoSeQ0SaY4tBWks9fhJMENUHvGHSUZE9HPPFggncka_NOmiWSzVkLFtHhx9EZR1KmkfYI7xe1TqIyD8OXAH1GLpGCZ3-zdHWUdDC39gfTg5mXqVL-hOHa-XNPr0u0yz8Z0W_3u1T0Ywam8GZ2xIuzRw%3D%3D&attredirects=0