Hi everyone, I’m Abdelmajid, I grew up in Morocco, I came to the USA 7 years ago and since then I have always lived in NYC  .I have visited some other beautiful states but NYC is the best; it is an amazing city. I speak 4 languages: Amazigh witch is my native language, Arabic, French( studied it for 10 years in school) and English.

Math was always my favorite subject in school. and since I remember I have always been in a position where I have to teach and explain a math problem to one of my classmates. I was the math teacher In my family  during my school years in morocco( note: very bad on other subjects. mostly history). sometimes I go to visit my relatives and their kids would meet me with math problems by the the door asking me for help, and it was a good feeling. It always feels exciting when I explain a math problem to someone and that’s how I became interested in math. topics that I I love in math,  I would say all of the topics. I think classifying topics in math is a bad idea  because once a student says I hate that topic…. he will not learn it. and that is bad for us as a future graduates. I believe  that  Once you love something you love every thing about it.

About mathematics software’s I have used Maple and Matlab but not good at them. I also used a Geogebra once in a research paper last semester and I liked it, I think it is more useful. I’m hopping to learn more about theses software s and become good at them.

My plans is to get a bachelor degree, teach high school for a couple years and then go for my Master and PHD degree. Teaching college is where I want to land and hopefully do some good research.

I’m a yellow cab driver it is  a job and a hobbies in the same time because I like driving in general.   I’m very interested in movies especially action and because of that I started writing movie scripts, that allows me to practice my English writing. As you can say I’m still struggling with my English writing.  Another thing I like to do is play soccer, I loved the game since I was a kid.

One last thing, my first name is long so  you guys can called me Magid and am very excited to be with you in this class.