Fall 2016 - Professor Kate Poirier

Introducing Soanam Gyamtso

I grew up in Tibet, I speak Tibetan, Chinese, and English. I came to United States five years ago.

Since I was in elementary school,  I am interested in History and Math. I love history because it tells you a lot of interesting stories happened long long time ago. And math, I did not really liked it  at the beginning, until Ms.Kang Ruo became my math teacher when I was forth grade. I liked the way she taught us Math, and I started like math after that too.

When I was in the high school, I believed that graphing calculator was a very helpful tool for my math class. other than that I also think Maple is a great tool  for solving advance  Math problems.

I hope I can get  best grates I can get from all the classes.  And become a qualified teacher at the end.

1. Evelin

That’s amazing that you can speak three languages. I’m going to be introduced to Maple this semester so hearing that it’s a great tool makes me feel more calm. It makes me eager to get my hands on the software.

2. Kate Poirier

A teacher whose style really clicks with yours makes such a difference, doesn’t it? I bet a lot of people who eventually became interested in math can credit a particular teacher for it!

• Luis lora

After reading your story i am a firm believer that education starts early and our teachers have a very powerful influence on us. Maybe you can combine both Math and History in your lessons . that would be interesting to hear and see.