Your overall course grade will be converted from a percent grade to a letter at the end of the semester according to the following grade scale:
Your overall course grade will come from the following components
- 10% WeBWorK
- 10% Participation
- 10% Project #1
- 10% Project #2
- 10% Project #3
- 10% Project #4
- 10% Term test #1
- 10% Term test #2
- 10% Term test #3
- 10 % Final exam
WeBWorK is an online homework platform. You will have homework sets due every Sunday night at 11:59pm. Login information has been emailed to students.
Staying engaged in your online class is critical for success. Each time you engage in one of the following activities, you will earn one participation point. Your participation grade will be the number of points you earn out of 20.
- Participating in OpenLab discussions
- You will be given prompts to post on the OpenLab throughout the semester, but this is your website, so you may submit a post whenever you want! You will get credit for posts that are relevant to course content.
- Other options for earning participation credit may be available later in the semester.
Projects (10% each)
You will complete four small projects during the semester. More details will be posted as the dates approach.
Tentative project due dates:
- Project #1 – Applications of first order equations (sessions 6-7), due during Week 4 (week of September 28)
- Project #2 – Numerical Methods (sessions 9-11) due during Week 6 (week of October 12)
- Project #3 – Applications of Linear Second Order Equations (sessions 19-20) due during Week 11 (week of November 16)
- Project #4 – Application due Week 15 (week of December 14)
Term tests (10% each)
You will take three term tests during the semester. There will be a one-on-one interview component with your instructor the week after each test. More details will be announced as the dates approach.
- Test #1 on Module 1 (sessions 1-5), taken during Week 4 (week of September 21)
- Test #2 on Module 2 (sessions 12-17), taken during Week 10 (week of November 9)
- Test #3 on Module 3 (sessions 21-23), taken during Week 13 (week of November 30)
Final exam (10%)
The final exam is cumulative. More details will be announced as the date approaches.
- Final exam on all topics, taken during week 16 (week of December 14)