Professor Kate Poirier, Spring 2017

Introducing Francis.x.Irizarry

• Major: Computer Science
  • Reason for “Math/Computer Science”: My father is an IT manager, or rather a CIO at HSBC, Granted that he refused to involve any form of technological information upon myself I took an interest in hardware/software. I am trying to transfer to City College Grove School of Engineering (However, I was rejected for not having calculus 2, sadly the only reason.) I personally enjoy computers to an reasonable extent, and it is within my interests since I spend a majority of my day on a computer.
  • I do not plan to graduate from “CityTech”, I do not have any short or long term goals. Sadly. I want to succeed. That’s all.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Tries to be funny and says they want a A) What I hope to get out of this course: Knowledge of how to define, create, and to develop algorithms. I want to become more efficient in Mathematics including (Current classes: Calculus 2, Physics 1, and Discrete mathematics and algorithms (and I am taking a programming class, with the same professor from the previous semester, which is/was/and will probably remain a joke)
  • Other interests/hobbies: I’m pretty boring, nothing much to offer, sorry.
  • Additional information: I was never good at math, and I was never truly given opportunities to involve myself in programming/server management until 2 semesters ago. I am a lazy imbecile. I will probably not involve myself in anything/anyone automatically.

1. EYan

I agree to the part that you just want to succeed and to the part that like spending time on the computer every day.

2. Shannon Lewis

This was a very interesting post to read, you ever thought about becoming a writer? or anything along those lines ? You would probably be good at it. I’m also with you on not being good at math but it’s nothing a little studying cant fix.

3. Jiayu Zhen

Everyone want to be successful, agree that. By the way, I am also not good at math. lol.