It’s been a week. I know many of you are going through a lot right now and I’m so sorry you have to go through this strange and difficult time. Please be kind to each other and to yourselves.

I’ve posted daily updates this week as information becomes available and I know it’s A LOT, so I’m providing a summary with links here. Hopefully this makes the info easier to digest.

This week’s update highlights
  1. Starting Monday classes will be delivered virtually. Classes will be recorded for you to access later. You are expected to attend virtual classes but let me know if your circumstances change and you are not able to attend. Instructions here are also linked in the menu at the top of this page.
  2. Class time will now be used to discuss material that you have prepared ahead of time (readings and videos). You can access “pre class prep lessons” for next week here and in the menu linked at the top of this page.
  3. Office hours will be held right after class just as they were before. Use the same links as for the virtual classes.
  4. Test #2 has been postponed until the week of March 30. It will still cover the topics in yellow on the schedule (please note that the new schedule is a work in progress). More details about Test #2 to come.
  5. Quiz #5 will be given over Webwork/email. You will have from Tuesday at 8:10am to Wednesday at 8:10am to complete it. The practice quiz is due by Tuesday at 11:59pm. Instructions for taking Quiz #5 and the practice quiz are here.
  6. Something new we’re doing is weekly check ins. Even if you are not able to attend class or do any work during the week, fill out this short survey to let me know how you are. Responses are due every Sunday night and are worth one participation point each. You can access the check-in survey here and in the menu at the top of this page.
  7. Due dates for assignments currently in progress:
    • Test #1 Solutions are now due Sunday, March 22
    • Test #2 Review is now due Friday, March 27
    • Webwork Improper Integrals is now due on Tuesday, March 24
    • Webwork Taylor Polynomials is now due on Sunday, March 29
  8. The last day to withdraw from the class is now May 14. There is information about taking the class “pass/fail” instead of a letter grade here.
  9. Online tutoring is available. Information is posted here.
  10. You will be assigned to an official study group shortly.
  11. Your physical and mental health are important. The physical and mental health of your loved ones are important. Being a student during this weird time can be overwhelming and I don’t want anyone to feel like their grade in this class is the most important thing right now. It’s not. We’re just going to try to get through this semester the best we can together so that those of you who are able to will still receive credit for this course with as little extra stress as possible.
This week’s daily updates table of contents
  • Friday 3/13: Logistics, important dates, grading
  • Monday 3/16: Meet the Pets Party! (Practice session)
  • Tuesday 3/17: Online class meetings, pre-class prep sessions, and quizzes and tests
  • Wednesday 3/18: Virtual meeting connection glitches, staying in contact, study groups, grades
  • Thursday 3/19: Test #2 and quizzes
  • Friday 3/20: Weekly check in, tutoring, and internet access