My Mathematical History-Stephen Tripodi

Hello MAT1475! My name is Stephen Tripodi. I’m seventeen years old, and live and have always lived in The Bronx. Aside from being in college, I work at City Polytechnic High School as the Tech Support Engineer. I enjoy reading about finance and trade fake stock even though it’s a career I will most likely not take on. My favorite sport is baseball and I have been to every opening day at The New Yankee Stadium since it opened. This is my first full time semester here at New York City College of Technology. I’m majoring in Civil Engineering and Construction Management. Coming into college, I had no idea what to expect and was told that the professors don’t care how there students do, however that does not seem to be that case. For the most part the professors are actually cool, and are everything I hoped they would be. I hope to learn as much as I can, as I have a passion for math as my mind is always trying to find the best solution to a problem.

Math is basically what makes the world go round. I have always preferred math over any subject, especially English. These feelings have never changed simply because I find math to be easier than other subject as there is always a method leading to a final solution. Although I do not think math changes much, I believe the way we think about it changes over time. I’m excited to be in Calculus this year and to be in class with classmates of mine from high school!!

This entry was posted in Mathematical Histories. Bookmark the permalink.