Test #3 Review – due May 15
Test #3 Review OpenLab posts are due tomorrow, Tuesday, May 15 at 10am. Don’t forget to add the category Test #3 Review to your post.
Test #3 Solutions – due May 22
Test #3 will be returned in class tomorrow. The Test #3 Solution OpenLab exercise is identical to the ones you completed after Tests #1 and #2 except now you will each chose a Test #3 question. Do not post a photo of the solution from your actual final exam; choose a question you did not get full credit on (or one you didn’t answer) and share your carefully written solution. Your OpenLab posts are due by Tuesday, May 22 at 10am. Don’t forget to add the category Test #3 Solutions to your post.
Edit: For those of you who were absent on Tuesday, here’s a copy of the test questions: Test #3.
Final Exam Review – due May 24
Your final exam review exercise is similar to your previous Test Review exercises. This time, you will choose a question from the updated Final Exam Review sheet, write a complete solution, and post it on the OpenLab with the category Final Exam Review. There are almost 50 individual questions; make sure you post a solution that hasn’t been posted already. Your OpenLab posts are due by Thursday, May 24 at 10am.
Participation Grades – by May 24
Each of the above exercises is worth one point toward your participation grade. Ten participation points total are required for full participation credit. Your current participation points will be posted in Blackboard shortly. If your current participation grade is lower than 10, you can increase it by
- submitting OpenLab posts for the above assignments
- sharing your work on the board during class
- asking/answering questions on the OpenLab x Webwork Ask for Help page
- attending office hours
- attending tutoring (ask the tutor for a verification slip to give to me…there are different tutoring programs around campus; I encourage you to visit the Atrium Learning Center tutors in AG-25)
Edit May 15: Your participation grade as of 9pm May 15 (not including extra credit) is now posted on Blackboard. This grade is a sum of 6 numbers:
- The number of times you’ve participated in an OpenLab assignment
- The number of times you shared your work on the board during class
- The number of times you’ve attended office hours
- Your effort score on the spring break activity
- Your effort score on the spring break quiz
- The number of verification slips from tutoring that you’ve given to me
If you have any questions about these grades, we can talk in office hours next Tuesday.
Webwork – due May 23
Don’t forget, all old Webwork sets have been reopened. Everything is now due next Wednesday, May 23 (the night before the final exam). Keep in mind, some sets are due at the usual time, 11:59pm, and others are due earlier, at 11:58pm.
Extra Office Hours – May 22
Next Tuesday, May 22, I will be in my office as usual from 12-1pm and I will also be there 3-5pm. Prepare as though you were taking the exam on Tuesday. Then, you’ll be ready to ask questions efficiently on Tuesday and still have time for a little more last-minute practice before Thursday.
Extra-Credit Assignment – due May 22 and 24
Details of the assignment are here. Memes are due by Tuesday, May 22 at 10am; votes are due by Thursday, May 24 at 10am.
Final Exam – May 24
Your final exam will be given during usual class time 10am-11:40am on Thursday, May 24. Remember your calculator. Plan to arrive early, in case the subway interferes with your commute.