What Are Its Effects On The Environment?

How does planned obsolescence in the cellphone industry affect the environment? Is that even possible? The answer to those two questions is yes and tremendously much, here are the results. Viewer be advice the images you are about to see are quiet disturbing.

What a lot or most of the individuals do not know is that because of the fast pace of the phone advancements people constantly replace their phones. The question that is never asked or the people are not concerned with is what happens to their previews phones? What is done with them? Most of them are disposed of in inappropriate ways which is tremendously harmful to the environment. Due to the arms race between companies to try and out do each other by having the best product in the market results in large numbers of phone to be disposed off. Most if not all of them end in cellphone land fills where they pile and pile, these piles are expected to go no where but up as the vicious and senseless phone replacements and upgradescycle continue.

How do cell phones effect the environment if they are just sitting there one may ask? The reality is that the materials the phones are made of or the processes that their components are put through are hazardous to the environment. The quick and ugly story of this is that cellphones contain lead, cadmium, and mercury which are terribly for the environment. Once the cellphones make it to a land fill they have plenty of time to release these elements. The flame retardant process through which that plastic in the phones is put through can cause cancer as well. Which not only affects the environment but those inhabiting it. For this reason companies should slow down the speed at which they supply new phones to the consumers as more then half the phones sitting in the landfills were perfectly working phones discarded for the newer trending version. Consumers and companies are hurting the environment significantly for their own benefit and commodity both of which are terrible reasons to do so. If the life span of cellphones was increased and the perfecting of the phones was done with bigger intervals in between predecessors there would be less cellphone landfills leading to one less harm to the environment.

IF YOU DO PLAN ON GETTING THE LATEST TRENDING AND MOST UPGRADED PHONES IN THE MARKET REMEMBER TO PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THE PERFECTLY CAPABLE AND WORKING PHONE YOU ARE GETTING RID OF =]

2 thoughts on “What Are Its Effects On The Environment?

1. I am a supporter of environmental protection, and I don’t understand people who are indifferent to our planet’s health. I read some environmental essays about taking care of and loving our Earth. After I checked all these on https://envrexperts.com/ to get more knowledge and some papers for one of my university projects, I changed my academic success and my general opinion about the significance of all these green moves. So I urge students and all communities to read the Envrexperts’ masterpieces and think about what brings damage to our planet, and pay more attention to the protecting role.