Damien Hirst: Modern Art’s Jack the Ripper (Guest Post)

headshot_0_0643203e8acd7

Photo by: Anton Corbijn

Hello everyone, my name is Marlon Palmer from Cartoon Art and I’m here to talk about an art visionary named Damien Hirst. How do you create art? Do you slap some paint on a canvas, and name it “Early Morning Sunlight” or chip away at a boulder until a figure appears? For a lot of people that is what art is, they only recognize the classic mediums for creating art, but not Hirst. For Hirst anything can become art, and he shows this many times over through his work. Throughout his career Hirst has taken many unusual objects and made it into art, like butterflies and half smoked cigarettes, but what he is best known for is his Natural History Series where Hirst took animals and suspended them in formaldehyde.

natural history

Natural History , Damien Hirst

With this series Hirst took something that people never thought could become art and made it so, showing us that art doesn’t have to stay stagnant. You don’t have butcher a goat but to can find new and interesting ways to create art.

If you are a fan of new art, visit my blog Cartoon Art to discover the art in cartoons and anime.

Filed under Uncategorized

One Response to Damien Hirst: Modern Art’s Jack the Ripper (Guest Post)

1. I love drawing cartoons as it is best way of putting some message on the noticeboard. The post is good piece of art. Keep coming with posts like this.