VR/AR/MR Intro

“As artificial intelligence outperforms humans in more and more tasks, it will replace humans in more and more jobs. Many new professions are likely to appear: virtual-world designers, for example. But such professions will probably require more creativity and flexibility, and it is unclear whether 40-year-old unemployed taxi drivers or insurance agents will be able to reinvent themselves as virtual-world designers (try to imagine a virtual world created by an insurance agent!). And even if the ex-insurance agent somehow makes the transition into a virtual-world designer, the pace of progress is such that within another decade he might have to reinvent himself yet again.”

This quote from the article is something I very much agree with. I knew since High School that with the explosion of the digital age that jobs were going to be done more and more by AI and thus eliminating the human workforce. Which would lead to laziness, I believe but it also greatly impact the economy. Now, a part of this talks about someone from a different industry joining this industry would need to reinvent themselves and that would be difficult task, which I am sure it would, but it would still need to be done and this person would need to stay up to date within this industry. I am worried about this push, this greater push to work and eventually (i think) live in the digital space will go to far and cause us to push ethical boundries which would causes us to move those boundries so we could make difficult ethical decisions but not have to worry about the potential consequences.

I actually did not have an intial VR/AR/MR experience. I never played Pokemon go or anything like that but I did go to this museum when I was a kid and it was an AR experience and it was cool, exciting and awe inspiring and such. Now, i greatly remember it but I cannot remember the name of the exhibit but I wish I did.