Game Journal

FTL is a type of game I don’t have much experience in. Not that I don’t indie games, in fact I play indie games quite a lot (Castle Crashers anyone?), but I don’t play turn-based strategy, simulation games. I also did not play this game for long, less than 30 mins I think.

You play as a captain of a spaceship that needs to save the Federation from the Rebellion, and many things can go wrong. You and your crew (you get three characters in total including the captain) can suffocate, you can die if any enemies invade your ship (which can be done while you engage a rebellion ship), and you could starve. So, this is game is fairly realistic, and also you must take of your ship. This game makes you feel like a captain of a ship, and gives you all the responsibilities of it.  Also, since I am not a PC gamer, it also made it difficult to play and enjoy. Your crew mates can die very easily, and very often, so unless you have experience with these types of games or have a great deal of time and patience to play this, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Below are the controls for PC:

• Shift + Weapon Keys (1-7) will disarm / shutdown the weapon or drone.
  • qwe / asd / zx will select individual crew members.
  • f / g will fire the open/close all doors actions.
  • Tab will open the jump menu.
  • ` (above the tab button) will open the Ship menu.