The S-STEM Program awards scholarship of up to $7000 per academic year!! If you are selected, you will receive the scholarship money and also be invited to be part of a community of success where you may benefit from academic and student support services to help you succeed at City Tech. You may also be invited to participate in undergraduate research and/or internships to earn additional money! Please read the application and apply if you are eligible.
The S-STEM program focuses on providing scholarships to students enrolled in the majors relating to the Built-Environment housed in the Departments of Construction Management and Civil Engineering Technology (CMCE), Electrical and Telecommunications Engineering Technology (ETET), Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET), and Environmental Control Technology (ENVC). The scholarship amount will be based on the applicants’ unmet financial need as verified through the Financial Aid Office. This scholarship is eligible for automatic renewal each year provided the applicant maintains eligibility.
If awarded the scholarship, you will have additional opportunities to benefit from academic support services, internships, and research experiences.
(1) Be a U.S.citizen, permanent resident, nationals, or refugee;
(2) Be enrolled full-time in a program leading to a degree in one of the Built-Environment majors:
- Civil Engineering Technology/AAS
- Construction Engineering Technology/BTECH
- Environmental Control Technology/AAS
- Electrical Engineering Technology/AAS and BTECH
- Mechanical Engineering Technology/AAS and BTECH
(3) Demonstrate academic ability or potential through GPA 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or math placement (MAT 1275 CO-College Algebra and Trigonometry or above); and
(4) Be eligible for Federal Pell grant.
To apply for this scholarship, please review the eligibility requirement and submit your application by February 18, 2022.
If you have any question, please email Prof. Villatoro email@example.com, subject line: S-STEM BES