An entry level position, this position receives training and under close supervision, performs technical work construction inspection, repairs or alteration of structures for conformity with NYC Construction Codes, Department rules, other pertinent laws and rules, and approved plans.Other duties include:
- Perform field surveys and sweeps of work sites and structures to check for conformance with approved applications, plans, and specifications in accordance with the NYC Construction Code, Zoning Resolution, or other pertinent laws and rules enforced by the Department of Buildings
- Perform technical inspections of structures under construction, alteration or repair for conformity with NYC Construction Codes, Department rules, other pertinent laws and rules
- Study architectural and engineering drawings of buildings and other structures to obtain details for inspections
- May operate a motor vehicle in the performance of assigned duties
To be considered for an Assistant Construction Inspector interview candidates must have:
- 2 years of full-time experience working in the construction field. Construction field experience include working as carpenter, mason, ironworker, plasterer, architect, engineer, building construction superintendent, or construction inspector; or
- 60 credits towards a degree in civil engineering, engineering technology, architecture, architectural technology, construction management; or
- A baccalaureate degree in civil engineering, engineering technology, architecture, architectural technology or construction management and at least 1 year of fulltime experience in the construction field
- A valid New York State motor vehicle driver license
Working as a roofer, painter, sheet-metal worker, metal lather, sheetrock taper, glazier, or insulation installer is not acceptable experience. Mechanical engineering technology is not an acceptable degree to be considered for an interview.
Please apply for the position under the following link:
Search for “Department of Buildings” and search for “Assistant Construction Inspector”
The Job ID is 431933
Students have until Febuary 29, 2020 to apply.