Paid Internship for College Students:
CHCI is seeking full-time undergraduate students who are interested in a paid congressional experience, learning first-hand about our nation’s legislative process while working for a member of Congress and receiving weekly leadership training from CHCI.
Focus Area: All Majors, with a high need for STEM majors
Location: Washington, D.C.
Benefits: Round-trip airfare, housing, stipend, and public transportation benefits are included.
Spring 2020 Program Dates: January 27 – April 17, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: October 21, 2019
Summer 2020 Program Dates: May 26 – July 31, 2020 (10 weeks)
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Fall 2020 Program Dates: August 31 – November 20, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
The application deadline for Spring is quickly approaching! Apply today and spend a PAID semester participating in leadership development training, networking with industry leaders, engaging in public service, building lasting friendships and learning to be a change agent for the community.
Deadline Approaching: OCTOBER 21, 2019
Visit link to know more.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love tackling challenges that build a positive impact? If so, then we want you.
Apple is looking for a Field Project Manager to develop and run small CapEx & OpEx construction projects to completion within Apple Standards and Client’s needs. Strong communications/written skills and financial tracking diligence required. Simultaneous management of numerous construction projects typical. Successfully performs in a multitasking environment with tight schedules and budgets
- Experience collaborating and leading design professionals, project management firms, construction management firms, construction contractors, and other construction consulting services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently organize these diverse work efforts into a productive team
- Ability to handle multiple design and construction projects occurring concurrently
- Run a variety of project types and sizes under aggressive schedules and tight budgets
- Experience with systems & ancillary furniture, space planning, and client move services
- Experience with quality control/assurance methods and the ability to apply these principles to projects
- Plan, track, evaluate, and report on multiple design and construction activities
- Ability to evaluate/analyze project information and utilize automated information management systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations; and experience with the full range of Federal, State and Local entitlement and building code approval processes for varying regions and jurisdictions
- Knowledge of all relevant construction-based, energy-related programs including LEED
You will lead all operations and functions of a project team consistent with regional and corporate priorities and objectives.
You will work collaboratively to develop plans and identify expected outcomes/results for each project assigned.
You will identify disparity between “what is”and “what ought to be” regarding priorities for the team.
You wil craft and implement an effective method of user feedback and input on associated project assignments.
Develop the project budget based on approved scope/quality and calculate costs to remain within the budget constraints with the approved scope/quality.
Build and maintain project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding.
Oversee the development/management of the project timeline.
Assure that due diligence is used to ensure that all assigned projects are completed with the highest level of quality possible, always considering life cycle costs and budget achievement.
In coordination with Contract Administration perform negotiations, administration and management of design, construction, and consultant contracts
Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance, EH&S, Manufacturing, IS&T, Security and other functional groups, as required, regarding assigned project design and construction.
Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes and rules and regulations related to assigned projects.
Provide complete and accurate reports in accordance with Management requirements
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree desired in Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Construction, engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
Two or more years of successful experience with progressively increasing responsibility for management of development and delivery of commercial tenant improvement.
Special consideration will be given to LEED AP certification and PMP certification
Visit link to apply: https://jobs.ieee.org/jobs/americas-field-project-manager-new-york-city-ny-115498239-d?contextType=search
Attend one of the world’s top career fair for women in engineering from November 7-9. Register now.
Visit the link. or https://we19.swe.org/