Professional Women in Construction
PWC-NY is looking for an intern to help support our growing organization. In addition to event planning, corresponding marketing projects and administrative duties, interns at PWC have the opportunity to engage with and learn from our members, who are all professionals in the AEC industry.
- Event coordination
- Marketing material design
- Social media marketing
- Press release writing
- Administrative support
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience using InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work 20 hours or 2 days per week
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to Kirstin Uptegrove at firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Tech Consultants of NY ( FTC ) is a Comprehensive Engineering, Inspection and Testing Company that has earned a highly regarded reputation for professionalism and reliability in the construction industry. FTC is owned and operated by Professional Engineers with consulting and inspection backgrounds. Celebrating our 24th year of business, we offer an impressive benefits and compensation package.
They are now hiring ACI I Field Concrete Technicians as well as Materials Testing Lab trainee. They are located at 52 E 2nd Street, Mineola NY 11501. Training and room for growth is available. The comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, dependent care, company paid life. insurance & long term disability, paid time off, holidays and a 401K plan with profit share.
Please contact Stephanie Martinez, HR Director at email@example.com
The HACU Scholarship Program 2019-2020 application-OPEN
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities is pleased to be the administrator of scholarship opportunities provided by our partners to assist in defraying some of your college expenditures. Please review each scholarship’s criteria carefully to see if you qualify, since each partner may have differing requirements.
Additional scholarship opportunities will be added in the fall 2019 semester.
In addition, all scholarship applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need if required by scholarship sponsor (typically determined by FAFSA).
- Meet specific criteria for the scholarships to which they are applying.
- Students must currently attend a HACU-member college or university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico at the time applications are completed and scholarship awards are made. Students transferring schools, the school must also be a HACU-member to be eligible to apply. For the most up-to-date listing of HACU-member institutions, please click here.
- Scholarships are ONLY for enrolled college students. All students must have completed their first semester of freshman year at the time of applying.
Denny’s Hungry for Education Scholarship – $1,000 – OPEN
- Full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Must be attending a two-year or four-year HACU-Member institution in the United States or Puerto Rico
- Open to all majors
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residents of the U.S.
- Students must provide a 500-word essay on how Denny’s can impact childhood hunger in the United States.
Click here to access the online application
Application deadline: November 22, 2019 11:59 p.m. CST
Please join Giuliana Benedicity as she shares her experiences and challenges that contributed to her career and leadership growth.
Giuliana Benedicty is a leading project manager at Hunter Roberts with a solid reputation for working on public housing and higher education projects in the Bronx, Harlem and Washington Heights. She is respected by colleagues and clients alike for her easy going personality and ‘all-in’ work ethic. Benedicty co-founded the Greater Place to Work for Women (GPWW) committee at Hunter Roberts when she realized that professional women would benefit from an internal network. Her insistence that a women’s initiative fosters communication and sense of community within the workplace is evidence of her qualities as a leader and role
model. Learn more by joining her talk on October 17,2019.
Paid Internship for College Students:
CHCI is seeking full-time undergraduate students who are interested in a paid congressional experience, learning first-hand about our nation’s legislative process while working for a member of Congress and receiving weekly leadership training from CHCI.
Focus Area: All Majors, with a high need for STEM majors
Location: Washington, D.C.
Benefits: Round-trip airfare, housing, stipend, and public transportation benefits are included.
Spring 2020 Program Dates: January 27 – April 17, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: October 21, 2019
Summer 2020 Program Dates: May 26 – July 31, 2020 (10 weeks)
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Fall 2020 Program Dates: August 31 – November 20, 2020 (12 weeks)
Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
The application deadline for Spring is quickly approaching! Apply today and spend a PAID semester participating in leadership development training, networking with industry leaders, engaging in public service, building lasting friendships and learning to be a change agent for the community.
Deadline Approaching: OCTOBER 21, 2019
Visit link to know more.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love tackling challenges that build a positive impact? If so, then we want you.
Apple is looking for a Field Project Manager to develop and run small CapEx & OpEx construction projects to completion within Apple Standards and Client’s needs. Strong communications/written skills and financial tracking diligence required. Simultaneous management of numerous construction projects typical. Successfully performs in a multitasking environment with tight schedules and budgets
- Experience collaborating and leading design professionals, project management firms, construction management firms, construction contractors, and other construction consulting services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently organize these diverse work efforts into a productive team
- Ability to handle multiple design and construction projects occurring concurrently
- Run a variety of project types and sizes under aggressive schedules and tight budgets
- Experience with systems & ancillary furniture, space planning, and client move services
- Experience with quality control/assurance methods and the ability to apply these principles to projects
- Plan, track, evaluate, and report on multiple design and construction activities
- Ability to evaluate/analyze project information and utilize automated information management systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations; and experience with the full range of Federal, State and Local entitlement and building code approval processes for varying regions and jurisdictions
- Knowledge of all relevant construction-based, energy-related programs including LEED
You will lead all operations and functions of a project team consistent with regional and corporate priorities and objectives.
You will work collaboratively to develop plans and identify expected outcomes/results for each project assigned.
You will identify disparity between “what is”and “what ought to be” regarding priorities for the team.
You wil craft and implement an effective method of user feedback and input on associated project assignments.
Develop the project budget based on approved scope/quality and calculate costs to remain within the budget constraints with the approved scope/quality.
Build and maintain project budget including securing internal approvals for capital funding.
Oversee the development/management of the project timeline.
Assure that due diligence is used to ensure that all assigned projects are completed with the highest level of quality possible, always considering life cycle costs and budget achievement.
In coordination with Contract Administration perform negotiations, administration and management of design, construction, and consultant contracts
Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance, EH&S, Manufacturing, IS&T, Security and other functional groups, as required, regarding assigned project design and construction.
Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local statutes and rules and regulations related to assigned projects.
Provide complete and accurate reports in accordance with Management requirements
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree desired in Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Construction, engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
Two or more years of successful experience with progressively increasing responsibility for management of development and delivery of commercial tenant improvement.
Special consideration will be given to LEED AP certification and PMP certification
Visit link to apply: https://jobs.ieee.org/jobs/americas-field-project-manager-new-york-city-ny-115498239-d?contextType=search
Attend one of the world’s top career fair for women in engineering from November 7-9. Register now.
Visit the link. or https://we19.swe.org/