During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Introductory training to all the visual styles, discipline requirements and software
- Previous knowledge of 2D and 3D platforms, such as AutoCAD, Revit or Microstation will be consolidated upon, with skills assessments and on job training
- Detailed training and use of add-on software through on job use
- Multi-disciplinary coordination and design review both in models and drawing packages, how complete drawing packages are compiled (on the job)
- Learning about the CAD Skills Network (introduction course, on the job)
- Work closely with engineers and drafters designers to create models and drawing sets – documentation and archiving
- Work on drawings across disciplines to gain an appreciation of each role
- AutoCAD skills Expertise in one BIM or CAD platform
- Professional demeanor
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
- Attitude of taking initiative, Enthusiasm, Eagerness to learn
- Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Civil, CAD BIM technology, CAD drafting, solids modeling, scripting and coding or related field
- Internship experience with a design firm
- AutoCAD skills, MicroStation, Civil 3D, Inroads, Rail track, Geopack, Revit, NavisWorks, Solibri, Dynamo, 3D modeling (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000JI
Location: New York, New York