At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
An internship with our New York HDR office will offer students the opportunity to be part of creative environments while getting hand-on experience in Healthcare and Science + Technology projects. In the role of Intern Architectural, we’ll count on you to:
- Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
- Perform assignments under the direct supervision of an Architect, Project Manager, or other professionals
- Participate in the architectural design process, and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to client or for agency approval
- Follow through on design development drawings and models, and collaborate with production staff for technical details and completion of construction drawings
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Architecture program
- Attention to detail a must
- Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
- AutoCAD & Revit experience required.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Prefer 2+ years completed toward degree with 3.0+ GPA
- Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
- Submission of a sample page along with a resume is preferred.
- Sketchup, Rhino and other visualization tools is a plus
- Preference will be given to local candidates.