- This summer make a difference in your career and in New York’s clean energy future. Join a dynamic team of energy industry professionals working to make The City That Never Sleeps more energy efficient through innovation.
- At Con Edison, leading the charge for a cleaner energy future starts with developing bright leaders like you. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to tour work sites, join our industry speaker series, participate in volunteer events, share your project work with department leaders, and network with employees across our company.
- Interns will perform entry level assignments in various departments/sections in order to acquire a broad-based knowledge and understanding of Con Edison’s structure and operations.
- Many of our interns return to the summer program multiple times, some remain throughout the year as co-op interns, and several join our company as full-time employees upon graduation through entry level opportunities like our GOLD (Growth Opportunity for Leadership Development) rotational management intern program.
- Program Overview:
- The Con Edison Summer Internship program is a 10 – 12 week paid opportunity to gain hands-on experience with meaningful work, while developing your skills, and building your network. The internship has an estimated start date of May/June 2019 and an estimated end date of August/September 2019. Internships are offered across our service territories (Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens, and Westchester) and placements will be based on best fit for the business needs.
- As an Engineering Aide, you will be responsible for assisting technicians and engineers that support safe, reliable, and cost-effective energy delivery to our customers across our electric, gas, and steam commodities. Your assignment may include providing administrative support, project management support, data collection and analysis, procedure reviews, design scoping and development support, work management oversight, or other operational support depending on the business needs.
- Our Process:
- This is an interest posting to gather applications for internship candidates pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or environmental science (as detailed below). After the application period is complete, the recruitment team will match candidate resumes to internal department requests. If your resume is a match for a specific department opportunity, a member of the recruitment team will contact you to share a more detailed job description and to schedule an interview. Interviews will be scheduled in the months of March and April. We utilize the behavioral events interview format and recommend practicing the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) response format. We will share interview results within 2-3 weeks and provide offer letters for successful candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree Must be full-time students enrolled in a four-year college program (with at least upper sophomore status), have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater, and be majoring in one of the following engineering disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental, Civil, Chemical or Environmental Science.
Required Work Experience
- Must submit a copy of latest unofficial transcript as an attachment with each application Required
- Must submit two (2) letters of recommendation as attachments with each application Required
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and a high energy level are required.
- Proficiency with a variety of software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is also required.
- Must be a self-starter, with a high level of integrity, initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
To apply click here
Are you passionate about the future of cities and have the vision and big ideas to create real change? Is this matched by an eagle eye for detail and superior writing and organizational skills to boot?
Then you may be just what Totem is looking for as they expand their team. Totem specializes in real estate development, urban design, and technology and they are seeking an exceptional project manager to help oversee various economic development and urban design projects.
For more information on the job description click here or visit Totem’s site.
Interested candidates should email the following to Vivian Liao, Principal,
‣ Cover letter with salary requirements and resume
‣ 1-2 writing samples
‣ Design Portfolio
‣ Three (3) professional references
This spring, the ASCE Met Section will be awarding $5,000 scholarships. Recipients must be active ASCE student chapter members or high school seniors enrolled in an accredited civil engineering program. Students must attend (or be registered to attend) a college in the Met Section (NYC, Long Island, and the Lower Hudson Valley) or be the child of a Met Section member.
Additional details about the scholarships, including copies of the application forms and a list of past recipients are provided on the ASCE Met Section website: www.ascemetsection.org/scholarships.
The deadline for applications is on February 28, 2018.