SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Urban Design / Planning Summer Intern for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
SOM’s Summer Internship Program will run from June 3, 2019 to August 9, 2019.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Completion of minimum third year of architectural bachelor’s program or enrollment in master’s degree program in an Interiors or Architecture Degree or Student Training Program
- Limited experience in the architectural profession or associated arts
- Demonstrated general interest and limited knowledge of urban design and planning, urban history and theory, planning and environmental law, and private and public development
- Demonstrates basic abilities in delineation
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- You must be returning to school in Fall 2019 to be considered for a summer internship at SOM
- Applicants who do not submit work samples will not be reviewed
Application deadline is February 22, 2019, 4pm EST
- Decisions announced on or before March 23, 2019
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM’s employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.