Hello! My name is Lizbeth Quiroz and I am a freshman in my first semester of college. I am currently studying hospitality to eventually grow into what I hope to be a pastry chef with a pastry cafe or possibly even a instructor/teacher. Reason being , I struggled to choose between majoring in culinary or early childhood education. Both being very distinctive majors, I continued into culinary arts. I attended a culinary program within my high school which is where I was successfully able to obtained my food handlers certification. Unlike some people, I haven’t had a chance to experience working in a bakery or kitchen yet but that doesn’t mean I have no experience. Throughout my four years of high school I learned about hospitality management, savory and pastry. I managed to enter a Ccap program in the Kingsborough Community College that engaged students to experience the day to day college life of a culinary student. I accomplished to strengthen my creativity and communication skills in addition to teamwork there. Aside from that, I did a lot of volunteering in the  program to get a hang of what more was coming to me the following years after I graduated. Overall, I might not have the advantage of working in a bakery just yet but I have knowledge from my former years to prepare me for what’s waiting in my own possible pastry cafe.