Prof. Jessica Penner | OL10 | Spring 2021

Felix Mejia, Dialogue (Revised)

Dialogue 1

(Context: I have taught my friend the world of Stocks and Crypto briefly and introduced him to Coinbase, this was a month later)

John: Ok so I have 2 dollars in Celo, Algorand, Bitcoin and Ether Classic, and cardano!

Me: –Leaves it on read–

John: The market is going up Celo is over 3.5% up adn im thinkign about buying more.

John: According to the stats of coinbase it is a good buy and the price is steady and rising, you should invest too in them, they have a great project and probably soon will sky rocket.

Me: –Leaves it on read–

John: Cardano recently made a deal with the Ethiopian government about implementing it in the education system to help the students, I’m sure that means that it’ll boom soon, we should invest more in them.

Me: I agree, Cardano has a great future but let’s not get ahead of ourselves we have to look for the right moves in the upcoming months but dollar cost averaging is the wayyy

John: *Shows a graph of Cardano 1.5% up*

John: Told you it was going up!

Me: I have created a monster (*concerned emoji*)

Dialogue 2

Mother: Have you arrived?

Xavier: No I haven’t the train is running later again

Mother: When were you supposed to start your shift?

Xavier: at 12:00am and I’m still 40misn away from getting there…

Mother: Are you okay? you should head back then, the train doesn’t seem to come any time soon….. just come back home.

Xavier: I’ll be fine, I already told my coworkers about the situation, don’t worry about it.

Mother: Please come back… you shouldn’t be waiting for the train for more than 30minutes, it’s already 1 am.

Xavier: the train just arrived… try to go to sleep now, I’ll call you in the morning and don’t worry, I’ll be fine.

Dialogue 3

Camilo: So what is the best route to visit our countries?

Xavier: Lucia said that it was better to go to Puerto Rico and from there go to the Dominican Republic and then go to Colombia.

Justin: I guess that makes sense since DR or PR is the closest to NYC so yea, let’s do something like that.

Samantha: : but where are we going to go when we get there?

Jafeth: well we already know that Lucia will guide us in Puerto Rico, shell know where are the coolest places there, Xavier will spot the best beaches on DR, and Camilo will show us Cartagena in Columbia, so we are good, now we just need the most important part.

Jafeth: The money, LMFAOO.

Lucia: And that’s what we lack, so how are we going to do this?

Xavier: We just need to get jobs yall, in the end, we are just finishing high school now, we are still young.

Dialogue 4

(Someone with schoolwork against someone with free time at night)

CJ: You wanna play today, it’s been a while and I know your busy with school but I need my duo back!!!!!!!!

Indigo: I knowwwww I also miss playing with you but school is eating me alive and I cant…. maybe in 30 minutes? I’m almost finished with my calculus HW. I’ll text you when I finish so we can play some Apex.

—1 hour goes by—

CJ: Hey you said you were going to text me in around 30 minutes and now it’s been an hour, what happened…

Indigo: Well I just discovered I had more hw due tomorrow so I’m on it… I feel like quitting school sometimes.

CJ: Its okay we can play later….

Indigo: Nah you know what, I won’t do it this time. let’s play instead before school ends up being my death sentence.

1. Zhen Deng

I like the 3rd dialogue. It offered us a routine for traveling in Latin America, and it is funny as well. I hope these 2 people have completed the trip that they planed, or I hope they will a lot of fun when they visit those countries in the future.