By 11:59 PM on Tuesday, April 13, 2021

VIRTUAL WORKSHOP:

• Post your new short story for your Cohort to review by 11:59 PM on Tuesday. Title it Full Name, Short Story 2 under Short Stories.
  • Email your Cohort with the URL to your short story. Include me in the email (creative.writing.citytech2@gmail.com). If you don’t post your story and send an email by 11:59 PM on April 13, you forfeit the opportunity to get feedback from your peers.
  • Can’t remember who’s in your Cohort? Check your email!
  • Read and respond to your Cohort’s work by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, April 14. Use the worksheet I’ve emailed and posted in the Course Profile to guide your response. Include me in the email (creative.writing.citytech2@gmail.com) to earn participation points.
  • Homework: Begin selecting four poems that you’ve enjoyed in the past (due next week).
  • Read the Announcement post and complete the small assignment on that post by class time (2:30 PM) on Thursday, April 15.
  • If you are able, attend the 2021 NYCCT Literary Arts Festival via Zoom on Tuesday! Click here for details.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

OPEN MIC/DISCUSS:

• Complete the short assignment on the Announcement page by class time (2:30 PM).
  • We’ll discuss short story writing and have an open mic (again, optional).

WRITE:

• Homework: Journal Assignment 6: Reflect on your experience with short story writing—good, bad, so-so, and why.
  • Read/Watch Staceyann Chin’s “Tsunami Rising.