To the future student of Creative Writing class:

Hi, I’m Anna.  I took this course in the spring of 2021. This is my last homework assignment; to write a letter to a student who will take this class after me.

I’m not sure when you’ll read this, but when I took this class it was still online only. I enjoyed the assignments because there was more time to do them. Some of my favorite assignments included going to the park and writing about my surroundings, and also  writing about friends and family. At first I was confused because it seemed like the assignments didn’t have anything to do with creating our own stories.

But I learned that  we create new things from what we already know, and part of this class is exploring that. We not only learned how to make up our own stories but seeing things from different perspectives. A new perspective = a new story.

I enrolled in this class because it was more of a nontraditional choice. English isn’t my forte but the idea of creative writing sounded interesting, so I wanted to try it. It has been one of my favorites! My impression of what this course was going to be was different than what I experienced. It was overall really fun and engaging. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!

All the best,

Anna