I took this class this semester because I needed it for my major and it seemed more interesting than the other writing classes. But at first, I wasn’t that excited to take it because it seemed like so much writing. Also, I’m not that creative so I thought this class would’ve been hard for me. While taking this class, I learned what I needed to work on for my writing and how I could improve on it. Throughout this semester I learned that I need to be more creative when writing. When I normally write I prefer to just get to the point so this class took me out of my comfort zone. For example, I needed to be creative when I wrote the short story because I was making something up. This writing was probably my favorite because I wasn’t entirely sure what I was doing. Another thing I was struggling with at first was giving feedback to my group. I wasn’t sure if my feedback was actually gonna help or just waste their time. While the writing I had an easy time with was the memoirs because I didn’t need to make something up. All I needed to do was talk about something through my experience. So all I needed to do was just remember and write. This made writing the memoirs simple and easy for me. This class helped me with writing because I haven’t written that much over the past two years. One thing that I have to remember when writing is to split my writing up and not just keep it in one big paragraph. Almost all my writing throughout this semester was kept in one big paragraph. But if I wanna get my ideas across I should split them up into multiple paragraphs. This would make it so the reader will have an easier time when they are looking for the main points. This was the main thing I needed to revise in my writing assignments because they all had this issue.

Through this class, I’ve learned more about myself as a reader. At first, I wasn’t that excited to read other people’s work. But while reading other people’s work I got more interested in it. Since everyone wrote in different ways and they each had their own stories to tell. Made it so I looked forward to reading about different people’s experiences. I found the peer feedback that I got helped me learn what I should work on in my writing in the future. Such as having to expand on my writing and just saying more. Since I didn’t notice it being a problem until someone told me. Some reading I had a problem with was when we had to read the poems. Mainly because I’m not that interested in them and have a harder time understanding them. Since poems don’t always state what they are trying to get across. But instead, you have to put a puzzle together sometimes to get the meaning.

The skills I learned in this class would be helpful for any other writing classes I take in the future. This class helped me know what I have to work on for my future writing. Such as separating what I’m trying to say and expanding on my writing. Since the people I’m writing to might not know what exactly I’m trying to say and expanding might help with that. This class could also come in handy when I need to write lab reports. It might also come in handy if I decide I want to write in my free time in the future. Since I could just write about my life through a memoir or with a short story. Making it so I could have my experiences documented even if they aren’t the complete truth. Another thing is that I don’t think my writing changed that much while taking this class. But hopefully, if I continue writing in the future I’ll see some changes. Overall I had a great experience taking this class and don’t regret taking it.