When it comes to poetry I honestly couldn’t care less. I figured that authors who could never make sense of simple topics had nothing better to say and they put different words together just to have something. However, my perspective on that changed when it came to writing my own poems. At first I was left to wonder what exactly I wanted to write about, what did I care enough about that I could somehow make it into a nursery rhyme. The thought hit me, I would write about my father, the man who basically gave me everything I have today. After that I couldn’t stop writing, I mentioned him as a hard worker, a caring man, my hero, so I wrote paragraphs on top of paragraphs but decided to cut it short and make it look professional with a different layout. It was fun to write about something I cared a lot for, I could understand that although my writing may not have made sense to others. All that mattered is that my message of my amazing father got through even with cut off sentences or certain lines that only made sense to the person who wrote them, me. And seeing my cohort understand the feelings I have for my father and how much I cared, it was nice to hear that they enjoyed reading my poems just as much as I enjoyed writing them.