Most people think of chihuahuas as annoying happy dogs but she’s nothing like that. She’s the sweetest and most loving dog ever, given to me and my siblings by my mom.  We got her at a pet shop when she was just 2 months old. There was another dog but once I saw her I instantly fell in love. She’s tan, sooo tiny, and has big floppy ears that drew me to her and made her so cute. The love I have for her is unexplainable, she’s my heart outside of my body, and my best friend that can’t even speak.  But she shows her love through cuddles, kisses, and greets me with excitement every single time. She is so small I find myself carrying her all the time and often cradling her like an actual baby (it’s so hard not to). My friend years ago came to school crying that her dog passed away. In my head, I thought “it’s just a dog why is she so hurt?”. I was young and didn’t quite understand that they are so valuable. I never really understood the importance and love you can have for something so small until I had her.

Despite the size of Lexie she’s so protective. I’m 100% sure that she believes she’s a pitbull the way she acts. Once she hears the bell ring she’s running to the door barking as if everyone’s scared of her. Then once she sees who’s coming through the door she’s happily jumping and wagging her tail. She’s so energetic and filled with happiness. The best reward of having her is knowing I can see her every day and be given unconditional love, as well as have a permanent eating and nap time buddy. She’s also a daily reminder that I have to get out of my bed every day, which I don’t mind as long as it’s for her. If I had to give her anyone I would give her to my long-time friend Suprime because he’s so gentle with her and gives her the best belly rubs. I’d just tell him to give her so much love and food. Probably wondering why wouldn’t I give her to my immediate family? It’s because they live with me already and they basically have her so technically I’d still have her.