Wednesday, February 2
During class, we’ll READ:
- We are using OpenLab NOT Blackboard. If you haven’t registered with OpenLab before this class, do so today!
- Instructions can be found here: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/blog/help/signing-up-on-the-openlab/ https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/blog/help/joining-a-course/
- Go to the OpenLab class site. Take a tour of OpenLab. Read the introduction to the course (Welcome, Students!), look over the syllabus, open and review all course tabs/sections.
- Read my “Meet My Feet” story under Discussions.
During class, we’ll DISCUSS:
- Talk about Danticat’s quote on the Welcome, Students! post.
- Discuss my “Meet My Feet.” What did you enjoy about my story? What questions do you have?
- I’ll lead a discussion on how to give appropriate feedback on someone’s writing.
During and after class, WRITE (otherwise known as homework):
- Write your own “Meet My _____.” You can use your shoes or another object that you feel shares something about you.
- Post it under Memoir on our site and title it Full Name, Meet My ____.
- Do not make it private; your classmates will need to read it next week, which means it’s due next Wednesday, February 9, by class time.
- Read Chapter One from Ann Patchett’s Truth & Beauty. You’ll find this reading in the File section under Reading Assignments of the Course Profile.