kaalyah magloire Journal 7

I have been reading staceyanns poetry and im extremly impressed. Here poems are so vague yet so detailed at the same time. That fact that shes from new york and she speaks about locations or culture, labor day or street names is really make you feel like your right there with her experiencing it. shes so talented and i really took an interest in her work. shes free spirited and very out spoken. Her poetry tells a different story every time and she not sensitive about using certain words that should be normalized

One thought on “kaalyah magloire Journal 7”

1. I agree with what you said about Staceyann’s poetry. I believe the language she uses in her poems is very powerful and she uses her words to great effect. When she does use curse words, I think she does it with proper meaning and purpose and not just for the sake of having cuss words in her writing. I also think that the language and words she use contributes to the mood of each poem and it shows her emotions and struggles as a queer black woman. She’s a very emotional poet and the way she writes almost feels like you’re having an in person conversation with her.