Journal Assignment 2 – Daniel Wu

I usually never have a issue with anonymity, but the one time I do remember feeling anonymous is the time I went to a house party being hosted by one of my friends Vito. I didn’t really go there to meet people just the intention of getting drunk as it was supposed to be one of those parties where everybody gets wasted. I didn’t know the majority of the party goers but the other friends that were there I didn’t see too often. I chose only to have small chat with the people I didn’t know because I wasn’t going to see most of the people again. A fight broke out during the party where Vito eventually had to intervene as one was so drunk he threw a punch and missed and ended up smashing a hole in the drywall. Eventually, I became drunk enough that the room was spinning and coupled with the fact that there was a DJ with music blasting and flashing lights, it wasn’t a good combo for me. I put my head down to sober up and prevent myself from vomiting, and a girl came up to me about 20 minutes later poured vodka on my head and said “Hey let’s party”. So I went back to partying and about 2 hours later, I was dealing with the aftermath of the party, namely everybody vomiting. I started to lay off the hard liquor during the later of the party and stick to beer to sober up but keep the buzz going. I ended up babysitting about 30% of the people and for one guy Paul, it was extra bad. I gave him more attention and he was grateful and I ended up befriending him and including him into my group of friends. I still hang out with the gang and only occasionally some of the gang still get that drunk.