Before class on Tuesday, November 30, students will…
- Find at least four text threads on your cell phone and rewrite them as dialogue. Follow the instructions below:
- Get out your phone. Yes, a professor is telling you to do this.
- Go to your texts.
- Find a text thread where you’ve had an argument, a comedic back-and-forth, a lecture to or from a family member, even a boring “can you pick up X” conversation.
- Create a post titled Full Name, Dialogue 1. Save it under Dialogue.
- Copy and paste the text thread in the post. Add “stage directions” like Parks does and revise the conversation to make it clear to the audience who, what, when, where, why, and how. Change names! Change details! Make a fictional story from truth! Have fun with this!
- Find three more text threads and repeat steps 4 and 5 (obviously, change the “Dialogue 1” to “Dialogue 2” and so on.
During class on Tuesday, November 30, we will…
On Tuesday, November 30, 2021:
WORKSHOP & DISCUSS:
- Bring text threads to class for review. Make sure they’re posted on OpenLab by class time! See the directions above! You’re supposed to have four, but if you have just one, post it!
- Review and respond to your classmates’ work.
- I’ll lead a discussion about the Final Portfolio and Final Reflection. Details about these assignments are on Week 14’s Announcement.
After class on Tuesday, November 30, students will…
- Look at the critiques from your Cohort and revise your poetry. Post your revised poetry by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, November 30. Title it Full Name, Poetry (Revised) and save it under Poetry.
- Create the dialogue from Journal 4 and revise it to a drama using the stage directions from Topdog/Underdog. Title your post Full Name, Journal 8 and save it under Journals. Submit this post by Thursday, December 2.
- Begin working on your Final Reflection and preparing your Final Portfolio. Have a first draft ready for peer review by class time on Tuesday, December 7. Title it Full Name, Final Reflection and save it under Reflections.
- Revise two of your texts, title them Full Name, Dialogue 1 (Revised) and Full Name, Dialogue 2 (Revised) and post them under Dialogues by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, December 7.
- Journal Assignment 9: Reflect on your experience with dialogue writing—good, bad, so-so, and why. Title it Full Name, Journal 9 and save it under Journals by Thursday, December 9.