Before class on Tuesday, November 23, students will…
- Review and respond to your Cohort’s work, using the “ENG1141 Critique for Poetry” worksheet on the Course Profile. (I’ve also posted it below.)
- Email this worksheet to your Cohort and me by class time on Tuesday!
- Remember, this is worth 10% of your overall grade!
- Read Lincoln’s monologue and all three scenes from Suzan-Lori Parks’ play, Topdog/Underdog. (Monologue and scenes are posted below.)
- Journal Assignment 7: Reflect on your experience with poetry writing—good, bad, so-so, and why. Title it Full Name, Journal 7 and save it under Journals.
During class on Tuesday, November 23, we will…
- Read (out loud) & discuss the Topdog/Underdog scenes (we’ll talk about those questions at the end of each scene).
- Discuss how dialogue enhances character, rhythm, and pace to plays and stories.
- Start working on dialogues!
After class, students will…
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with your friends and family! 🙂
- Find at least four text threads on your cell phone and rewrite them as dialogue. Follow the instructions on this week’s Announcement post.
- Look at the critiques from your Cohort and revise your poetry. Post your revised poetry by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, November 30. Title it Full Name, Poetry (Revised) and save it under Poetry.
- Create the dialogue from Journal 4 and revise it to a drama using the stage directions from Topdog/Underdog. Title your post Full Name, Journal 8 and save it under Journals. Submit this post by Thursday, December 2.