Hey there, my name is Luz Mery Felipe and I would just like to give you an insight of what this class, Creative Writing is going to be like for you next semester. You may wondering  what this course is going to be about. Is there going to be too much writing? Too much reading? Or too much of both? But don’t worry, we have all been there and before you start making stories in your head let me tell you that you are going to be more than fine and when you realize, you will be heading towards the end of the semester just like I am right  now. 

Where to even start? This class has been an amazing journey, so much learned about myself as a reader and writer and I could not be more grateful for it. Here I learned to listen to myself but also my peers, not only to receive feedback but use them. I got better at giving more details when it comes to writing short stories, at answering more than what was being asked to me and also, I to trust my work. In other words, I learned to step out of my comfort zone and oh, it feels amazing!

I know online classes are not easy and that sometimes it is hard to keep up. A tip? Don’t let your assignments for the very last minute and if you do make sure you read them twice or to someone else as you want your peers to understand the message you are trying to give. Writing can be intimidating for some people, but just let yourself  be because this is Creative Writing where  almost everything is about self-expression.

To wrap it all up, you have an amazing instructor, take advantage of it and learn all that you possibly can from her. Good luck! And have a wonderful semester.