A receptionist begins to work at 9 AM in the morning on a Saturday, she opens the animal clinic she works at and heads down to the back of the clinic to feed the cat that lives there. She then settles her jacker and backpack in a closet. The receptionist starts to print out the important faxes sent from hospitals and pharmacies to prepare everything for the doctor and as soon as time hits 9:30 AM people start to gather around the small blue door for their walk-in signs.

Receptionist:

“Good Morning everyone, I would like you all stand in order of who came in first to sign up.”( as she hands out a paper for the first client).

Older Lady in purple:

” Hi!, I am in need of urgent help, my kittens sh*t all over the box!…” (the lady in purple rushes all around and over the clinic with the poor kittens and pushing the line of people to the sides and comes towards the receptionist’s desk).

Receptionist, shows the way to the bathroom as she is answering the phone call of a crying pet owner, whos pet keeps throwing up.

Receptionist:

“Here you go head this way please.” (she hands the lady new clean towels).

Time passes by, it’s now 3 PM. The receptionist already signed in about 35 people. The last person to be signed would be at 5:30 so, there’s more to come. Receptionist sighs from exhaustion.

A man with a husky:

“Hey how many, more people before me!? I’ve been waiting for hour and a half!“

Receptionist answers:

“There are three more people before your sir, thank you for your patience!”(and smiles, but her smile disappears when she sees his furious eyes)

A man with a husky begins to yell at the receptionist and see how ridiculous this clinic is and how we should go by appointments rather than being a walk in clinic.

Receptionist trying her best not to roll her eyes and takes a breath. Explains that this clinic ran like this for almost 30 years and there’s nothing she can do.

The buzz continues until 6PM once people stop coming in, The clinic is finishing with 12 patients who are still in the line.

Vet Tech:

“Yo Lev, would you like some donuts I will be heading to Dunkin right now”.

Leviza:

” Oh yeah, Thanks I would appreciate it”.

Leviza then waits for her donut at the desk sipping on expresso coffee, from the coffee machine in the back of the clinic. She casually eyeballs the different types of pets and that is what makes her happy at this full of emotions workplace.

Her day ends, she gathers her stuff, closes the clinic, and heads for S79 bus on her way home.