Monday, 11/30 – Friday, 12/4
By end-of-day Monday, 11/30, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):
- My discussion of dialogue and the Final Portfolio.
- Email me (or visit during my office hours) about questions you have about the Final Portfolio after reading the discussion and reviewing the documents in the Course Profile. (This is optional.)
- Not optional: Find at least three text threads from your cell phone and begin rewriting them as dialogue. (Feel free to change names, personal details, etc.)
- Journal Assignment 8: Take/create the dialogue from Journal Assignment 4 and revise it to tell a story (perhaps fashion it after Topdog/Underdog!). Journal 4’s assignment was “Visit a park, coffee shop, or another public place that is buzzing with activity (being sure to socially distance yourself and wearing a mask, of course). Take note of what you hear the people around you say. Share what you noticed/heard.”
By end-of-day Wednesday, 12/2, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):
- Reread the three scenes from Topdog/Underdog.
- Email your text threads to your Cohort. Send a copy to me as well!
- I’ve created a post: Topdog/Underdog Dialogue Discussion. There are three questions in this post. In the “reply” section, respond to the three questions about an assigned scene.
- Begin thinking about which memoirs, stories, etc. you want to put in your Final Portfolio chapbook and writing your Final Reflection.