My experience writing short stories has been really enjoyable to me. I did not know POV meaning but now I clearly understood that it is about who’s telling the story while I thought it was the idea of the story or the narrator’s opinion. I had my ups and downs when writing the short stories in terms of ideas to write about or different setting but overall, it was inspired by personal experiences and metaphorically written events in my life. I learned from my professor’s and cohort’s feedback on how to add more feelings and details to it to catch the attention of the reader such as an opening sentence or metaphors that has double meanings. I truly enjoyed speaking my mind and experience through writing in a meaningful way; it allowed me to reflect on my life and imagine what it would be from a different person’s perspective.

One thing that really stood out to me while writing my POV short story was how different can the story be if told by multiple people and how details of the story can differ from different lens or perspectives in which no one is wrong but they see it differently. I learned how human biases can affect storytelling and how feelings of narrator might shift the whole story in terms of who is the protagonist and who is the antagonist. It has been a good experience of brain storming and expressing emotions, ideas, and opinions through simple short stories.