1. A untitled poem by Amina Aiko – I discovered this poem after purchasing the book IO from the author. This poem is maybe one of my favorites throughout the book.This poem discusses the how from young we believe we’re able to achieve everything but as you become older you realize it is ok to not achieve curtain goals you shouldn’t be ashamed of it instead you learn from it and grow.
  2. Untitled by Aikeem vill – I found this poem scrolling down my instagram feed on day.In this poem the author discusses how he bends over backwards doing things for the wrong people. He goes on to say if he was to do things for his self the word “selfish” begins to be thrown at him. In the end he’s reminded that karma comes back around and sometimes she’s not so nice .
  3. A untitled poem by Amina Aiko- I discovered this poem after purchasing the book Souls of a sword from the author. This poem encourages the reader to understand that they have the power to change whatever their situation.Also to believe in themselves and the power of prayer.
  4. 23rd street rap by Willie Perdomo- I was introduced to this poem from a English class I took at a previous school before city tech. What stood out to me about this poem was Perdomo’s style his usage of slang made me feel I can relate to the words he’s saying. Also What stood out me about this poem was Perdomo’s ability to be descriptive while describing a regular day in his neighborhood.