A Lost Friendship

Throughout my life I have had many friends but when I was on sixth grade I had the pleasure of meeting an amazing person, her name is Danery and  she became my best friend right away, I felt she could understand me better than anybody else, she was my person. We were always together, we used to go to school, volleyball practice and extra curricular activities together. When we moved to high school, we kind of went separate ways because we were in different classes so we couldn’t see each other that much anymore, we both made new friends and took  separate ways, however, it wasn’t until my sophomore year that I felt things have changed between the two of us, we didn’t get along like we used to anymore. On our junior year we had almost every class together and when I thought things were getting back normal between the two of us, she fell in love with a guy that I didn’t like because first, he was much older than her and second he was known for not taking any girl seriously. Since she was still my friend and I cared for her I told her that that was not the guy for her and that’s when our friendship came to an end with no reversal, she did not think about our friendship nor how much I wanted the best for her, instead she thought that I was making things up and that I did not want her to be happy, therefore, she stopped talking to me.

I was really hurt, she was my person for more than 5 years and all of the sudden that became nothing, after that I swore that I would never interfere in anybody’s life or decisions because most people just want us to tell them what they want to hear and not the truth. Danery and I have so many great memeories together that no matter how hurt I still am, I would never be able to forget nor hold hard feelings towards her. After that friendship my only best friend has been my mother, I do not want to get attached to anybody else anymore, loosing that friendship taught me that not every person we meet throughout our lives is supposed to stay in it because I really thought Danery was going to be in my life forever.