English 1141, Creative writing
Discussion, Journal 5

10/18/2020

I have many moments in my life that were significant to me and that had completely changed me as a person, but there is this one person who has changed me the most. This person, that used be one and only close friends growing up, our friendship only lasted for a little bit more than 6 years. She was the only person who, at the time, accepted me as I am, whom I was comfortable with, and who knew many of my deepest secrets. I remember calling her my sister, best friend, soulmate and etc. We did everything together, when I say everything, I mean everything to the point of choosing what to wear, where we go, what to eat and much more. I followed most of her steps, and idolized her, I thought she was really cool.

Friendship was nice for a while, we had many silly arguments, for example if we wear something that is the same or similar, I was accused of copying, which I always found funny. Also, Accused me of acting like her and etc. Anyways, this girl changed me as a person in way I never knew would have ever occur. I had a crush on her “guy friend” from face book, I liked his vibe, his looks, I related a lot to him. And yeah, I was really young, but it is cute now to think about me having a little crush on a guy. I have never met him near her, nor they had any pictures. She stated that she had multiple friends online, they never usually hang. They had conversations together, and it had been going for years, I seemed really convincing to me. Until, I began talking to my “crush,” “he” has been posting on my timeline and asking me to be his girlfriend. Fourteen year old me, was jumping up and down that late night, laughing and trying hard not to scream from excitement, of course, sharing it to my quote on quote bestfriend. She was happy and everything. Later, the guy would somewhat bully me and my appearance. I would get really sad to the point of trying to alter my looks for him, oh wow I was selfless. So, once, I got in her laptop to search up a movie, with tabs opened from face book and google. I was so naïve, I did not even google the pictures of the crush, which were there. I found out that she was the one behind that account of a “guy” that I used to like, plus all the online friends as well. Admitting it was hard but I got to the point of loosing all my trust to her. The only revenge that came to my head, was cutting the person off my life. It was a best decision I have made at a time. I cut off a really manipulative person, who made me think less of myself. I have found myself, what I enjoyed doing, followed my own steps, and built myself. For sure met much better people in the future. I do not regret anything, everything happens for a reason, and this reason was to make me into a better person.