Monday, 10/12 – Friday, 10/16
By end-of-day Wednesday, 10/14, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):
- The POV discussion and Activity (the picture for the activity is in an email).
- Your classmates’ critiques of Le Guin’s work in Student Work: Discussions.
- Answer one of the three questions regarding POV in “The First Day” and “The Wife’s Story” in the “reply” section on the Announcement page.
- Write a 150-300 word, third-person story based on your picture from your email and the following questions: Who is involved? What is happening? Why is this happening? When did this happen? Where did this happen? Post it under Student Work: Assignment Post.
- Remember to title it Full Name, POV Story and do not mention the picture’s letter anywhere in the story or title!
- Comment on at least two of your classmates’ critiques of Le Guin’s work. With what do you agree or disagree? Be specific! (“I agree with X’s thoughts on X” is not specific. “I agree with X because of X” is specific.)
By end-of-day Friday, 10/16, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):
- Read your classmates’ POV stories under Student Work: Assignment Posts.
- On Thursday, I’m going to post the pictures each group was given on our Course Profile files page. (I’ll send an email reminder!) Look at the pictures as you visit the Student Work: Assignment Posts by Friday. In the “reply” section of at least three posts, say which picture the story is about and give one reason why you think it’s Picture A, B, or C. (I’ll reveal the pictures each group was assigned later!)
- Finish writing a short story based on a real event, but NOT told in First Person. Email it to your Cohort (be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to this email for participation points). Even if it’s not complete, send it! Feedback is always helpful!
- Forgot who was in your Cohort? Here’s an updated list of the people in your group.