The past two weeks had been very busy for me; tiring and endless back pain was making me feel like I am eighty years old. I needed to go somewhere where I actually feel a live again instead of my boring work and school schedule so I went to Williamsburg in Brooklyn. This past weekend, I started dressing up to go to the heart of the City; I had my black and grey cotton shirt and my grey jacket on top of it since it was a little cold for me. I had my sky blue jeans as I wear it with anything most of the time, but I added my camel brown boots to the outfit. I know it sound like a mess but it was actually an ok outfit for the day. I took the L train towards Manhattan and got off at Bedford where I started smelling the food once I got off the train. It smelled like grilled chicken and baked dessert, my mouth was already watery and ready for brunch. Once I got off the train station to the street, it was crowded with people; groups of friend mainly talking about their difficult week at work or the presidential debate or the update on the not to be named virus. It was nearly impossible to socially distance myself in this entire crowd, but I tried my best and was wearing my mask and fully covering my nose and mouth with it.

The sweet vanilla cream smell from Martha’s Country bakery was calling me so I ended up there after the brunch. I could tell that many people ended up there like me, from that smell. It smelled like baked birthday cake that is made at home, the grandmother type of baked dessert. The weather was warmer as I got closer to the bakery and finally I reserved a table outside the bakery where there are less people than inside. I ordered and waited patiently for my dessert to come and could not help but hear the nearby groups on the tables talking about their difficult week at work; it seemed to me like this place attracts people with difficult weeks at work ha!.  As I finished eating with my boyfriend, I felt so much better. I was laughing as my lungs filled with air and my ears filled with giggles from the nearby tables; I felt alive again.