Monday, 10/5 – Friday, 10/9

By end-of-day Monday, 10/5, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):

READ: 

WRITE:

• Begin to write short story based on a real event, but NOT first person.
  • Optional: What questions do you have about short fiction or POV? Comment in the “reply” section.
  • Not optional: Comment on at least four of your classmates’ critiques of Jones’ work. With what do you agree or disagree? Be specific! (“I agree with X’s thoughts on X” is not specific. “I agree with X because of X” is specific.)

By end-of-day Wednesday, 10/7, the following activities are DUE (end-of-day means 11:59 PM):

READ: 

WRITE: 

• In the weekly email, I’ve sent a link to a POV Activity (check your email for the link). Just like our “Characterization” activity, we’re going to have a class discussion as we examine different forms of Point of View. Simply put your name beneath each question and answer the question. If you see that someone else has already posted an answer similar to your own, don’t copy! Just write: “I agree with X, but I’d like to add X.” The document saves automatically–everyone who has the link to this page can see the changes.
  • A formal critique of Le Guin’s work. Post it under Student Work: Discussions.
  • Continue writing a short story based on a real event, but NOT first person.