On Sunday, I attended my cousin’s softball game at Moriches Sports Complex. I decided to wear a navy blue sweater, that she had lent me,with the name “Rebels” on it written in red and white. Once we arrived at the complex, my cousin Briana got out the car first with all of her gear so she can practice with the team before the game. I had noticed that many parents, along with their kids were walking towards the entrance with their own outdoor folding chairs. Some had the rebels sweater like me, or the Long Island Heats which was the team she was playing against. However, if the people were not wearing a sweater or shirt with a specific team name, the colors that the wore usually represented the team they are rooting for. Once my godmother found parking and made our way to the entrance, I can hear screaming from the basketball court and chanting from the occupied fields were games were being held. It was as if you were surrounded by mini stadiums. The only thing that was missing was the small of hot dogs and popcorn. The complex was made up of four baseball fields that can be used for softball games as well. Making my way to field two, my godmother and I set up our chairs away from the rest of parents, for the purpose os social distancing. Before the game started, I saw my cousin warming up and catching all the fly balls that came her way. Seeing that she was killing it during the warm up, I heard her teammates root for her by saying “Good Job Bri!”

The game was about to start and I remember feeling cold to the point where I was craving hot chocolate. I made my way to the small concession stand and loo at the chalkboard menu with the prices available. I could not believe I was going to pay $4 for a small hot chocolate, but I needed warmth as soon as possible. Each sip I took warmed my body from head to toe, allowing me to focus on my cousin’s game rather than my body temperature. As time passed parents cheered, clapped and stood up, showing support for the teams. The air being filled up love, support and passion after my cousin’s team won made the cold crispy night a bit more warmer.