The most meaningful and a positive interaction that I had was with a Chinese lady who came to the US many years ago when she had lost her son after a very bad illness. She came to the US alone and lives alone, she was divorced with her husband after they had their son. Her son was 25 when he died. She told me that she was very depressed for a very long time, but then she realized that everyone will die one day then she recovered and she has a lot of support system 

I was feeling empathetic with the experiences she had. I placed myself into her situation and thought that it is very difficult to raise a child without a father and then losing him. Also she came to the US when she was older, this must be even stressful because when I came to the US I was terrified with new places and new people. But as we had conversation I realized that she is a strong lady, she did not lose hope, and she was capable of dealing with stressors that she had experienced throughout her life. As she spoke there were barriers in our interaction because she couldn’t speak English very well, but she was able to explain many things that were clear to me. But there were some points that I missed because she couldn’t express them well. But if I knew the language I might have understood it better and clearer.